|1. A petition for writ of
certiorari filed in the Court of Appeals seeking review of a
decision of the Court of Special Appeals is to be filed no later
than 15 days from the date of the mandate of the Court of Special
Appeals. A petition seeking review of a circuit court decision
on appeal from the District Court of Maryland is to be filed
30 days from the date of the judgment of the circuit court.
2. An original and seven copies of
a petition are required.
3. A filing fee of $50.00 is also required.
4. A petition is not to exceed 25 pages in
length (not including attachments).
5. Attachments to the petition are:
a. Docket entries evidencing the judgment
of the circuit court.
6. An answer to a petition is due 15 days
from the filing date of the petition. An original and seven
copies of the answer must be filed. There is no filing fee for
b. Any opinion of the circuit court.
c. Any written order issued under Rule 2-602(b).
d. If the case has not been decided by the Court of Special
Appeals, all briefs that have been filed in the
Court of Special Appeals; and
e. Any opinion of the Court of Special Appeals.
7. A cross petition requires
a $50.00 filing fee, and an original and seven copies of the
cross petition must be filed.
8. Petitions usually take six to eight weeks
to be acted on by the Court.