Juvenile Record Expungement
See Resources for information on the following:
- Glossary of Legal Terms
- Maryland Courts Directory
Maryland law permits a person with a juvenile record to seek to have that record expunged under certain circumstances.
You may be eligible to have your juvenile record expunged – removed from public inspection – if:
- A child in need of supervision (CINS) petition or a juvenile delinquency petition was filed concerning you, or
- You received a juvenile citation.
Not every person with a juvenile record will be eligible for expungement. There are specific grounds for expungement.
You can learn about Juvenile Record Expungement at the People's Law Library:
- Learn about the law and process at the Juvenile Record Expungement FAQs.
- See whether you meet the grounds for juvenile record expungement at the Juvenile Record Expungement Grounds Checklist.
- Review the procedure for juvenile record expungement at the Juvenile Record Expungement Steps.