A Message from Tammy Sitar
Deputy Director of Budget and Finance and GEARS Project Director
July 22, 2014
Subject: GEARS Update 7.21.14 - FY15 Procurement Policy Changes
Please review the memo and FY15 contract/BPO listing from Gisela Blades, Director of Procurement and Contract Administration (DPCA). The memo announces changes to Procurement policies that impact GEARS users effective immediately. Both the memo and the contract listing can also be found on the GEARS site.
The GEARS team will be reviewing and updating any documentation on our website as required very quickly.
If you should have any questions, please reach out as appropriate to District Court Headquarters, DPCA or Department of Budget and Finance.
July 21, 2014
Subject: GEARS Update: IMPORTANT TO READ - Year-end Vouchering Status
FY14 Year-End - Vouchering and PO Status
- Effective Monday, July 21, do not process any further vouchers against AY2014. The time period to complete processing of AY2014 vouchers was Friday, July 11.
- Also, in addition as noted in our year-end memo, we are entering the time period in which AY14 PO’s and earlier encumbered AY year PO’s are NOT available for use in vouchering. Effective Monday, July 21, please do not process any vouchers against these PO’s. These PO’s are “frozen” until every PO can be reviewed by the Department of Budget and Finance (DBF) and Department of Procurement (DPCA) to decide and take appropriate action, as to whether the PO should be encumbered, closed or moved against your AY15 budget. Invoices that may apply to these PO’s should be held until DBF communicates again that they are available for use and the status of encumbered PO’s. If you would like to share any pertinent information regarding your PO’s, please give the budget staff a call in DBF.
- During this time, you should only be processing non-PO vouchers against your AY2015 appropriation year budget, and vouchers against dispatched AY2015 PO’s. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact the accounts payable staff in DBF with any questions.
- DBF is working to finalize all in-process AY2014 vouchers. Please ensure that all of your processed vouchers have been approved and budget checked. You can use the Voucher Activity Page to inquire on your vouchers and information on this process can been found under the Tip Sheets on the GEARS site. http://mdcourts.gov/gears/pdfs/tipsheetrunningvoucherinquirysearch.pdf
- June monthly revenue distribution vouchers were to be completed this past Friday. If this has not been finalized in your court, please contact DBF or the Help Desk for assistance.
As always, if you should have any questions, please reach out to DBF, DPCA or the help desk for assistance.
Budget and Finance
Project Director - GEARS