July 1, 2015
This is the fifth of a series of year-end email reminders. It is critical that you read this information to stay up to date in requirements and possible changes to ensure a smooth year-end process. In addition, please be sure to review the FY15 year-end memo and checklist on a regular basis to ensure that you are in compliance with all required items. Both documents can be found on the GEARS site for further details.
PROCEDURE TO PAY:
- GEARS INVOICES AND EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENTS: Please process all FY15 invoices in GEARS by Tuesday, July 14. (This includes travel expense reimbursement requests.)
- FY15 Invoices received before July 14 - Invoices applicable to FY15 can be processed through Tuesday, July 14. Between July 1 and July 14, please be sure to use a June 30 accounting date on all FY15 vouchers and ensure AY2015 (or earlier encumbrance year) is referenced in the voucher distribution lines. Additionally, please make sure that the budget date in the distribution line is June 30 as well. Initially, the budget date will default in to match the accounting date specified. However, if the accounting date is subsequently changed, the budget date will need to be changed manually as well. Before saving the voucher, please double-check all dates.
- All FY16 invoices should be held for processing until after Tuesday, July 14. On Wednesday, July 15, the FY16 accounting periods will be open and available for use in the Accounts Payable module of the system. Please be sure to have your FY16 PO’s completed and ready for use before attempting to voucher any related invoices.
- FY15 Invoices received after July 14 – These invoices will need to be processed against your FY16 budget (unless an encumbrance or accrual). The accounting date used must be after July 1 (it should default to the current date) and the distribution lines should contain AY2016 (or the appropriate encumbrance/accrual AY year).
- After July 14, all invoices needing to be vouchered against encumbered AY2015 purchase orders should be held until notification is given by DBF to proceed. (See C-2-e above.)
- REQUISITION AND EXPRESS PO PROCESS: As we have notified in previous communications, beginning with FY16 (July 1), the GEARS team has restructured the catalogs within the Procure to Pay (PTP) area. It is important for those staff that enter Requisitions and Express PO’s to read the attached Catalog Restructuring Enhancement document. In addition, we have revised the Tip Sheets for Creating an eProcurement Requisition and Creating an Express Purchase Order. Both documents can be found in the Tip Sheet section of the GEARS site and are dated 6.8.15. If you should have any questions, please contact the Help Desk.
- JOURNAL ENTRIES: Please complete all journal entries and submit to DBF by Thursday, July 9.
- GEARS USERS: Please complete any FY15 journal entries in GEARS. For any FY15 journal entries done between July 1 and July 9 please ensure that the journal date is manually changed on the first screen of entry to June 30, 2015 to reflect the correct appropriation year. (It normally defaults to a current date, which would be incorrect for these entries and cause errors.)
- NON-GEARS USERS: Please send all remaining adjustments to DBF for processing.
Child Support Grant:
Order to Cash (OTC)
Cooperative Reimbursement Agreement Reports (Child Support Allocations and Employee Time Reports) are due via email to the Family Division.
- Have you processed all of your deposits through June 30 in GEARS or submitted them to DBF as applicable to your court?
- Have you processed your EOM local through May 2015?
- Have you reviewed the GEARS voucher activity inquiry page to ensure your vouchers have been approved and budget checked?
- Have you monitored your PO’s and Requisitions requesting closures of applicable documents?
- Have you entered your required FY16 requisitions?
As always, please feel free to contact me or the help desk if you should have any questions or need further assistance.
Tammy Sitar, CPA
Deputy Director Budget and Finance
GEARS, Project Director
580 Taylor Avenue, Bldg A-4
Annapolis, MD 21401