This new integrated Judiciary Human Resources Policy Manual is effective December 15, 2005 and replaces all previous policy manuals.
You are encouraged to read and familiarize yourself with these policies. Any questions regarding the Manual, or the policies it contains, should be directed to your supervisor, Administrative Official, or to the Judiciary Human Resources Department, Employee Relations Unit, at 410-260-1732.
These Human Resources Policies and Procedures outline employee benefits, employee responsibilities, and employment procedures for the work place. The information contained in this manual is subject to change as situations warrant and those changes may supercede, modify, or eliminate the policies summarized in this manual.
Each policy contains a "Scope" which explains which employees are covered by that particular policy.
The Policy Manual is separated into three relevant sections:
- Employment - includes ADA, classification and compensation, recruitment and other employment policies, and more.
- Leave and Other Benefits - includes positive time reporting, sick and other leave, FMLA, alternative work schedule, attendance incentive, educational assistance, and more.
- Performance and Conduct - progressive discipline, grievances, performance evaluation, standards of conduct, and more.
It is expected that supervisory personnel will administer these policies in a consistent and equitable manner. The provisions of the manual are not conditions of employment and may be modified, revoked, or changed by the Judiciary, with or without notice, at any time. Personnel questions which cannot be answered by this Policy Manual should be referred to the Office of Employee Relations.
THIS MANUAL DOES NOT CREATE A CONTRACT.
Table of Contents (Documents in PDF)
- SECTION A -- EMPLOYMENT
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) - Forms can be found here
- Contractual Positions
Employment Probationary Period
- Employment of Relatives
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Harassment
- Other Employment - Form
- Personnel Records
- Reassignment and Transfer
- Recruitment, Examination and Selection
- Religious Accommodation
- Separation From Employment
- SECTION B – LEAVE AND OTHER BENEFITS
- Alternative Work Schedules (AWS)
- Bereavement Leave
- Educational Assistance
- Emergency Disaster Preparedness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - Forms
- Leave (Generally)
- Judiciary Leave Bank
- Positive Time Reporting
- Reimbursement of Interview and Relocation Expenses
- Reporting Workplace Injuries - Forms
- Sick Leave
- SECTION C – PERFORMANCE AND CONDUCT
- Appropriate Attire and Appearance
- Electronic Communications Systems Usage
- Grievances, Disciplinary Appeals, & Whistleblower Reprisal Protections
- Involuntary Termination of Employment & Rejection on Probation for Regular Employees and Employees on Initial Probation
- Performance Evaluation
- Progressive Discipline
- Reporting Employee Court Appearances, Arrests, and Requests for Judicial Review
- Standards of Conduct
- Workplace Violence