Introduction to Adult Guardianship
This is the first video in a three-part series that will help you understand the responsibilities of adult guardianship. This video explains what guardianship is, when guardianship is appropriate, and the legal process for becoming a guardian. Two shorter videos -- Guardian of the Person and Guardian of the Property – detail the responsibilities of each of those roles.
- Tip sheet
- Español transcripción
- Petition for Guardianship of Alleged Disabled Person (CC-GN-002)
- Answer to Petition of Guardianship of Alleged Disabled Person (CC-GN-004)
- Notice to Interested Person – Guardian of the Person (CC-GN-005)
- Notice to Interested Person – Guardian of the Property (CC-GN-006)
- Designation of Guardian of the Property by Minor or Disabled Person (CC-GN-009)
- Affidavit of Attempts to Contact, Locate, and Identify (CC-GN-010)
- Initial Inventory of Assets (CC-GN-011)
- Annual Fiduciary Report (CC-GN-012)
- Annual Report of Guardian of Disabled Person (CC-GN-013)
- Advice of Rights – Guardian of the Person (CC-GN-015)
- Advice of Rights – Guardian of the Property (CC-GN-016)
- Additional Information
- Adult Guardianship: Introduction to Adult Guardianship
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Person
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Property
- Before Court: Preparing for Your Day in Court
- Bringing a Small Claim
- Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
- Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Defending a Small Claim
- Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Foreclosure Process
- Hiring and Working with Your Lawyer
- How to Research the Law
- Need an Interpreter?
- Service of Process
- Should I Represent Myself?
- Tips for Your Day in Court
- What is the Law?
Last updated: April 2017