Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
If you can’t afford to pay filing fees, you may ask the court to waive those costs. This video is an overview of that two-step process: (1) waiving pre-payment fees before your case can begin, and
(2) waiving final fees at the end of your case. This video does NOT talk about waivers of appeal costs. If you have an appeal case, see the video titled Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
- Tip sheet
- Additional information
See additional videos:
- Before Court: Preparing for Your Day in Court
- Bringing a Small Claim
- Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
- Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Defending a Small Claim
- Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Foreclosure Process
- Hiring and Working with Your Lawyer
- How to Research the Law
- Need an Interpreter?
- Service of Process
- Should I Represent Myself?
- Tips for Your Day in Court
- What is the Law?
Last updated: March 2016