Mediation is a process in which a trained neutral person, called a “mediator,” helps people in a dispute talk and understand each other, and possibly reach an agreement. This video gives an overview of how mediation may help you resolve your case, how to prepare for and participate in mediation, and what happens after mediation.
- Tip sheet
- Español transcripción
- Additional Information
- Should I Represent Myself?
- Before Court: Tips on Preparing for Your Day in Court
- How to Research the Law
- Hiring and Working with Your Lawyer
- Tips for Your Day in Court
- Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
- What is the Law?
- Bringing a Small Claim
- Defending a Small Claim
- Service of Process
- Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
Last updated: March 2016