Service of Process
Service of process is the way a defendant receives court papers and notice about a court case. The defendant must be served before the court will hear your case. This video is an overview of the steps involved in serving a defendant with court papers.
- Tip sheet (District Court)
- Tip sheet (Circuit Court)
- Tip sheet (How to Find Someone)
- Español transcripción
- Adult Guardianship: Introduction to Adult Guardianship
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Person
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Property
- Before Court: Preparing for Your Day in Court
- Bringing a Small Claim
- Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
- Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Defending a Small Claim
- Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Foreclosure Process
- Hiring and Working with Your Lawyer
- How to Research the Law
- Need an Interpreter?
- Service of Process
- Should I Represent Myself?
- Tips for Your Day in Court
- What is the Law?
Last updated: March 2016