Attorney Resignation

To resign from the practice of law, please submit an application to resign in writing under oath to or by mail along with a filing fee of $61.00 (as a check or money order made out to Clerk of the Supreme Court, or in cash) to:

Supreme Court of Maryland
Robert C. Murphy Courts of Appeal Building
361 Rowe Boulevard, 4th Floor
Annapolis, MD  21401

You must also send a copy to Bar Counsel.

For further information or clarification, refer to Rule 19-735. In lieu of resignation, you may consider Inactive/Retired Status. For more information, contact the Client Protection Fund at 410-630-8140.