Special Authorization for Military Spouse Attorneys

An attorney who is (1) admitted to practice law in another state but not admitted in this State, (2) is married to an active duty service member of the United States Armed Forces, and (3) resides in the State of Maryland due to the service member's military orders for a permanent change of station to Maryland or a state contiguous to Maryland, may obtain special authorization to practice in this State pursuant to Rule 19-219.

If you are military spouse attorney interested in receiving special authorization, please mail your application and documents required by Rule 19-219(c) along with payment of $10.00 (as a check or money order made out to Clerk of the Supreme Court, or in cash) to:  

Supreme Court of Maryland
Robert C. Murphy Courts of Appeal Building
361 Rowe Boulevard, 4th Floor
Annapolis, MD  21401

For questions, please contact the Clerk's Office at 410-260-1500 or by email at SupremeCourtClerk@mdcourts.gov