Notice: Frederick Help Center will be closed on Thursday, March 16, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
100 West Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Maryland Court Help Center provides free limited legal services for people who are not represented by a lawyer.
Who can we help? An individual with a legal problem. We cannot help relatives or agents of the person with the legal problem as well as businesses, including sole proprietorships, LLCs, third parties, and personal representatives.
Maryland Court Help Center lawyers will not represent you in court. This service is provided to help you represent yourself.
Lawyers will answer questions on a full range of civil case types handled by both Circuit Courts and District Court. Legal issues include:
- Landlord and Tenant Matters
- Family Law Matters (divorce, custody, child support, and guardianship)
- Small and Large Claims
- Expungement and Shielding of Records
- Consumer Matters (car repossessions, debt collection, and credit card cases)
- Return of Property (replevin and detinue)
- Domestic Violence/Peace Orders
Maryland Court Help Center lawyers may help you:
- Complete court forms
- Learn how to file court documents
- Prepare for court
- Prepare for mediation
- Understand court documents