Walk-in self-help centers are temporarily closed
to protect the health and safety of court visitors and staff. The Maryland Court Self-Help Center is still operating to help Marylanders with civil legal problems on the phone and by live chat.
To speak with a lawyer,
from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.Chat
from 8:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
FREE legal help in civil cases for individuals who do not have a lawyer.
100 West Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Who can we help? An individual with a legal problem. We cannot help relatives or agents of the person with the legal problem or businesses, sole proprietorships, LLCs, third parties, or personal representatives.
Self-Help Center lawyers will not represent you in court.
This service is provided to help you represent yourself.
Get help with
- Family matters like divorce, custody, child support, guardianship and name change, domestic violence
- Small and Large Claims
- Consumer matters like car repossessions, debt collection, and credit card cases
- Return of Property (Replevin and Detinue)
Self-Help Center lawyers may help you
- Complete court forms
- Learn how to file court documents
- Prepare for court
- Prepare for mediation
- Understand court documents