The Role of Guardian of the Property
This is part of a three-part video series that will help you understand the responsibilities of adult guardianship. Introduction to Adult Guardianship explains what guardianship is, when guardianship is appropriate, and the legal process for becoming a guardian. This is one of two shorter videos – The Role of Guardian of the Person and The Role of Guardian of the Property – that detail the responsibilities of those roles.
- Tip sheet
- Español transcripción
- Additional Information
- Managing Someone Else’s Money: Help for court-appointed guardians of property and conservators
- Guardianship and Its Alternatives: A Handbook on Maryland Law
- Department of Aging
- Department of Human Resources: Office of Adult Services
- Family Law Self-Help Centers
- People’s Law Library of Maryland: Guardianship
- Adult Guardianship: Introduction to Adult Guardianship
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Person
- Adult Guardianship: The Role of Guardian of the Property
- Before Court: Preparing for Your Day in Court
- Bringing a Small Claim
- Can’t Afford Appellate Costs?
- Can’t Afford Court Filing Fees?
- Defending a Small Claim
- Finding Legal Help in a Civil Case
- Foreclosure Mediation
- Foreclosure Process
- Hiring and Working with Your Lawyer
- How to Research the Law
- Need an Interpreter?
- Service of Process
- Should I Represent Myself?
- Tips for Your Day in Court
- What is the Law?
Last updated: April 2017