Reported and unreported opinions of the Court of Appeals and the Court of Special Appeals are available through multiple sources. The Library's collection provides in-person access to print and digital copies of reported opinions. In addition, unreported opinions of the Court of Special Appeals are available on microfilm. Contact the Library if you would like assistance locating a reported or unreported opinion.
Below are links to free, online resources to access both reported and unreported opinions.
Maryland Appellate Court Opinions
- Reported opinions of the Court of Appeals and Court of Special Appeals
- Unreported opinions of the Court of Appeals and Court of Special Appeals
Maryland Case Law via Google Scholar
- Maryland appellate opinions from the 1950's.
- Use the "How Cited" for links to cases that have cited the opinion and related documents.
- How to use Google Scholar? Research Guide.
Federal Courts Opinions
United States Court Opinions via FDsys
Most Court of Appeals, U.S. District Court, and Bankruptcy Court opinions are available.
- Coverage starts in 2005.
- Organized by case number and year.
- Search available via Advanced Search by adding United States Court Opinions to Selected Collections.
U.S. Supreme Court via Oyez
Comprehensive and searchable opinions of the U.S. Supreme Court are available.
- Many with audio recordings of oral arguments.
- Cases include summary of facts, legal question, and breakdown of the vote.