Law and legal reference constitute a specialized area of knowledge and resources. The best way to be comfortable with a specialized area is to deal with it often, an opportunity not always presented to the generalist in a public library system. It is possible, however, to develop ability in this area through training and practice.
The information contained in this training manual partners with live training offered around the State. For interested library systems, live training is available upon request. Recordings of past trainings can also be accessed on-demand.
Access each chapter of the training manual in PDF or access a printable version of the whole training manual.
- Introduction (rev. 05/19/2021)
- Element 1: Access to Justice and the Public Library (rev. 05/19/2021)
- Element 2: The Reference Interaction (rev. 05/19/2021)
- Element 3: Descriptive and Foundational Resources (rev. 05/19/2021)
- Element 4: About Law (rev. 05/19/2021)
- Element 5: Referrals (rev. 05/19/2021)
- Element 6: Topics of Law (rev. 05/19/2021)