Information about AIS for Maryland attorneys
The Attorney Information System (AIS) is a comprehensive, secure database maintained by the Judiciary units that support the Court of Appeals in its role regulating the legal profession in Maryland. AIS provides a one-stop portal to help lawyers view, update, and maintain their attorney status.
Maryland lawyers can use AIS to:
- Review and update your contact information.
- Review your status as a Maryland lawyer.
- Review administrative and disciplinary actions taken by the Court of Appeals.
- Complete your annual compliance requirements, which include
- Pay your Client Protection Fund assessment.
- File your Pro Bono Legal Service Report.
- File your Interest on Lawyers Trust Account (IOLTA) Report.
- Confirm your Tax I.D. Number (TIN).
What Do I Need to Register the First Time?
- A valid e-mail address. This address will be used for all future communications regarding your bar status.
- Your Attorney I.D. Number. If you do not know your number, look it up here.
- The last 6 digits of your Social Security Number. You will only use this the FIRST time you activate your account, to verify your identity.
Last updated: May 2019