You can use the links below to find a private lawyer, or to find free or low-cost legal help from a Maryland legal services program. Most free or low-cost legal programs can help only if you qualify on the basis of your income. Contact individual programs to see if you qualify for help.
You can also visit one of the court self-help centers. At these centers you can speak directly with a lawyer who can help you understand your options, get court forms, and help you represent yourself in court.
Finally, you may visit the Maryland State Law Library or one of the many Circuit Court Law Libraries across the State. You can get copies of laws, cases, court information, use computers and receive help from a court librarian.
Free or Low-cost Legal Help Programs
Court-Based Domestic Violence Legal Help Programs
Landlord/Tenant - Evictions Legal Help Programs
- Maryland Access to Counsel in Evictions (Maryland Legal Services Corporation)
Court Help Centers
- Maryland Court Help Centers
- District Court Help Center
- Family Court Help Centers
- Family Law Hotline (Women's Law Center of Maryland)
- People's Law Library of MD
- For Other Services (Non-Legal) Maryland Community Services Locator