Filing a Complaint

To file a complaint with the Commission you should first review the information on this website entitled Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and then do one of the following:

  • download, print and fill out a complaint form, and mail the form to the Commission office;
  • call the Commission office at (410) 694-9380 and request that a complaint form be mailed to you, fill out the form and mail it to the Commission office; or
  • prepare and mail written allegations of disability, impairment, or misconduct against a judge to Investigative Counsel.
    • your full name, address and telephone number;
    • the name of the judge, the court, and location of the court;
    • case name, case number and type of case;
    • specify the conduct or action you believe demonstrates the judge committed sanctionable conduct, has a disability or has an impairment. (Click on Frequently Asked Questions 2 & 3 for definitions and examples);
    • the names of any witnesses and their contact information (address and telephone numbers);
    • the following statement must be included at the end of the letter and above your signature: “I solemnly affirm under the penalties of perjury that the contents of this document are true and correct to the best of my knowledge, information and belief;” and
    • include copies of any documents that support your complaint. (Note: Documents will not be returned. Please send copies only.)

Do not telephone, e-mail or fax your complaint to the Commission.