To file a complaint with the Commission, you should first review the topics on this webpage titled Frequently Asked Questions and Rules/Statutes Governing the Commission, as well as the detailed instructions on the Complaint Form.
Complaints may be submitted in four (4) ways:
- You may click on the above link, complete the Complaint Form online (entering the required fields), upload any supporting materials, and file the form electronically by clicking “Submit”.
- You may click on the above link, complete the Complaint Form online (entering the required fields), printing the typed form, providing a handwritten signature under oath, and mailing the form and any supporting materials to:
Commission on Judicial Disabilities
P.O. Box 340
Linthicum Heights, Maryland 21090
- You may click on the above link, print the blank Complaint Form, complete the required fields in written form, provide a handwritten signature under oath, and mail the form and any supporting materials to the address listed in #2 above.
- You may prepare and mail to the address listed in #2 above written allegations against a judge that include the following information:
- Your full name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- The name of the judge, the court, and location of the court (County/City);
- The case name, case number, and date(s) of relevant court proceedings;
- A detailed description of the conduct or action that you believe demonstrates that the judge committed sanctionable conduct, has a disability, or has an impairment;
- The name, address, telephone number, and email address for any attorney(s) and/or witness(s);
- Copies of any materials that support your allegations. (NOTE: Submitted materials will not be returned to you. Do not submit original documents or any flash drives, CDs, DVDs, or other physical devices used to store data. You do not need to submit copies of transcripts or recordings of court proceedings as such information will be obtained independently, if necessary.); and
- Your signature under oath. The oath should be as follows: “I solemnly affirm under the penalties of perjury that the contents of this document are true to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.”
COMPLAINTS CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED:
- WITHOUT A SIGNATURE UNDER OATH OR SUPPORTED BY AN AFFIDAVIT
- BY PHONE, EMAIL, OR FAX
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at 410-694-9380.