To be eligible for the District Court Appointed Attorneys Program, an attorney must:
- Be licensed to practice in the State of Maryland, in good standing and not subject to any pending disciplinary proceedings;
- Review the Information Videos before appearing for your first shift.
- Understand all applicable Maryland Rules regarding Initial Appearances.
- Complete and submit an Application for District Court Appointed Attorney Program (DC-86), a W-9 and the anti-discrimination acknowledgement.
- Understand that application to the program does not guarantee selection to serve as an appointed attorney and any selection to serve does not guarantee further or continued selection to serve as an appointed attorney.
- Agree to compensation of $60 an hour for services rendered, plus reimbursement of mileage and tolls, or receive pro bono credit.
- Agree to comply with all protocols established in each jurisdiction for local Commissioner’s offices and/or Detention facilities, if scheduled.