The Maryland Judiciary appreciates the importance of educated and informed employees. The Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement Program has helped hundreds of qualified employees improve their professional skills!
Before Your Course Begins
- Read the Policy on Educational Assistance.
- Discuss your plans with your manager. He or she, along with your administrative official, will have to approve your Application of Educational Assistance before it is sent to the Judicial College of Maryland for review and approval.
- Apply. Complete the Application for Educational Assistance form via CONNECT located under the Learning Center Supplemental Learning section.
- You must attach a copy of the course description and enter the cost for tuition, registration fees, textbooks, and any other fees.
- Once the form is submitted, it will be routed to your supervisor/manager for approval, then to the Judicial College for final processing.
- All applications must be submitted at least 15 business days before the scheduled start date of your course.
- Track your approval from your Learning Dashboard.
To Receive Reimbursement
- Complete your course successfully with a grade of “C” or better for undergraduate courses; a grade of “B” or better for graduate courses; or a “PASS” for non-credit courses or certificate programs.
- Return to CONNECT to complete the Tuition Reimbursement Request form by using the My Learning option under the Quick Links section.
- Modify your request, changing the status from “in-progress” to “completed.”
- Update your final grade and attach your transcript and receipts for reimbursable costs.
- Submit the request form to the Judicial College for approval.
- All Tuition Reimbursement Requests must be submitted within 30 days of the completion of your course.
If you have additional questions, contact Shamika Dent-Williams at 410-260-3584 or email email@example.com.
Click on the videos below for more details about each process: