Circuit Court for Somerset County

Located in the county seat of Princess Anne, Maryland.

Daniel W. Powell

County Administrative Judge

Mary Margaret Kent

Visiting Judge

Mark A. Tyler


Directions & Parking

The Circuit Court for Somerset County is located 30512 Prince William Street (Princess Anne, Maryland 21853).

From the North, travel south on US-13 and make left onto Manokin Avenue, right onto Mansion Street, and left onto Prince Williams Street. Courthouse is two blocks ahead on the left.

From the South, travel north on US-13 and make right onto Manokin Avenue, right onto Mansion Street, and left onto Prince Williams Street. Courthouse is two blocks ahead on the left.

Parking is available along both side of Prince William Street as well as the cross street, Somerset Avenue. Additional parking is available behind the courthouse and along Church Street.

Return to Top

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What types of cases does the Circuit Court for Somerset County hear?
    You can learn more about the types of cases here in Maryland appellate and trial court by visiting “About the Maryland Court System.”
  2. What if I need a spoken language interpreter?
    To request a spoken language interpreter, please fill out a Request for Spoken Language Interpreter and submit the completed form to the Clerk's Office for the Circuit Court for Somerset County. Please provide the Court enough time to obtain the spoken language interpreter services.
  3. Who do I contact about Jury Duty?
    Please contact the Jury Clerk at 410-845-4849 or visit the Jury Service page for more information.
  4. Where should I go for a traffic ticket?
    Please contact the District Court for Somerset County at 410-845-7400, located at 12155 Elm Street, Suite C in Princess Anne, Maryland
  5. Does this court offer any services for self-represented litigants?
    Yes, services are available to provide support to self-represented litigants with legal advice when completing forms and the filing process in domestic case types. For more information, please visit the Self-Help Family Law Clinic section of our Family Court Services page.
  6. Is there anywhere to buy or store food at the courthouse?
    No, visitors may be restricted from bringing food or drink into the courthouse. There are several food vendors within the town of Princess Anne and in close proximity to court.
  7. How do I get a copy of a court transcript and what does it cost?
    See Transcript Requests for information on obtaining a copy of a transcript and the rates that apply.
  8. Can I bring my cell phone inside the courthouse?
    For specific information about electronic devices in Maryland courthouses, please visit NOTICE Cell Phones, Other Electronic Devices, and Cameras in Court Facilities Effective January 1, 2011.
  9. Where do I get a marriage license?
    Marriage licenses are obtained from the Clerk of Court in the county in which you are seeking to be married. For more information on marriage licenses in Somerset County, please visit Marriage License Information.
  10. How do I become a court interpreter?
    For information on requirements to become a certified court interpreter, information on the registry release list of interpreters, and scheduled workshops, see the Judiciary's Court Interpreter Program.
  11. Is there space at the courthouse to take depositions?
    No, there is not any space in the courthouse for depositions.
  12. What is the Orphans’ Court?
    The Orphans' Court for Somerset County oversees the probate process for many, but not all estates. The probate process involves enforcing wills, safeguarding minors' estates, administering estates, protecting beneficiaries, preserving creditors' rights and ensuring that the personal representative fulfills his/her duties. For more information, please visit the Office of the Register of Wills for Somerset County.
  13. Does Shore Transit provide transportation to the courthouse?
    At this time, the closest Shore Transit stop is S269: Manokin Park. This stop is situated on Somerset Avenue at Manokin Park, less than one mile from the courthouse. For more route and fare information, please visit Shore Transit.
  14. Where do I get the form for an advance medical directive and living will?
    You can find these forms on the Maryland Office of the Attorney General website.
  15. Can I get my record expunged?
    If your case meets certain conditions, you may be able to ask the court to expunge a criminal record or juvenile record. Expungement removes information about a case from court and law enforcement records. To learn more, see our legal help section on expungement.

Return to Top