EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2018
If your driver’s license or driving privilege is suspended, or may be suspended, by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) for failure to pay non-incarcerable traffic fine(s), you may be eligible for the following program per MD Rule 7-504.1. You must apply for this program by:
- Filling out and submitting form CC-088 - Request for Traffic Violation(s) Installment Payment Plan;
- Certifying that you cannot pay these traffic fines, which are in the minimum of $300.00, exclusive of court costs, as ordered by the Washington County Circuit Court;
- Agreeing to make ten (10) monthly installment payments of 10% of the total fine amount;
- Specifying the citation numbers and offenses;
- Stating whether your license is or may be suspended for failing to pay these fine(s); and
- Informing the clerk if you change your address during the term of the installment payment plan.
If your fines are eligible and the clerk grants your request, the court will notify the MVA not to suspend your license for these fine(s) or to remove any suspension related to the failure to pay these fine(s).
The MVA may still suspend your license due to an accumulation of points and/or outstanding fine(s) from other courts.
NOTE: IF YOU FAIL TO PAY AN INSTALLMENT PAYMENT BY THE AGREED UPON DUE DATE OR THE TOTAL FINE WHEN DUE, THE MVA WILL BE NOTIFIED AND YOUR LICENSE MAY BE SUSPENDED.