Client Protection Fund of the Bar of Maryland
Each attorney admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals or issued a certificate of special authorization under Maryland Rules 19-215 and 19-216, as a condition precedent to the practice of law in this State, is required to provide to the Client Protection Fund of the Bar of Maryland the attorney’s Social Security number, the attorney’s federal tax identification number or a statement that the attorney has no such number, and pay annually to the treasurer of the Fund the sum, and all applicable late charges, set by the Court of Appeals (see Rule 19-605).
Attorneys who fail to comply with these requirements are temporarily suspended from the practice of law in Maryland until the requirements are met. They are restored to good standing by a subsequent order of the Court of Appeals when the requirements are met.
The Maryland Attorney Listing is an index of all attorneys who have been admitted to the bar in the State of Maryland. Any attorney whose status is listed as "active" is considered in good standing.
- 04-18-2019: Temporary Suspension Order 2019
- 04-05-2018: Temporary Suspension Order 2018
- 03-23-2017: Temporary Suspension Order 2017
- 05-19-2016: Temporary Suspension Order 2016- Tax ID
- 03-24-2016: Temporary Suspension Order 2016
- 05-21-2015: Temporary Suspension Order 2015- Tax ID
- 03-26-2015: Temporary Suspension Order 2015
- 03-20-2014: Temporary Suspension Order 2014
- 02-27-2020: Reinstatement Order
- 02-20-2020: Reinstatement Order
- 02-13-2020: Reinstatement Order
- 02-06-2020: Reinstatement Order
- 01-30-2020: Reinstatement Order
- 01-23-2020: Reinstatement Order
- 01-16-2020: Reinstatement Order
- 01-02-2020: Reinstatement Order
- 2019 Reinstatement Orders archive
- 2018 Reinstatement Orders archive
- 2017 Reinstatement Orders archive
- 2016 Reinstatement Orders archive
- 2015 Reinstatement Orders archive
- 2014 Reinstatement Orders archive
This information provided pursuant to Maryland Rules 19-761 and 19-606.