Schedule | Register | Contact Info. | Forms | *7th Judicial Circuit Only | Related Maryland Rules | Notice Archive
NOTICE: Administrative Order - Bail Bonds in 7th Judicial Circuit - 03/28/2022
- 2022 Monthly Absolute Bond Forfeiture Report Schedule
(Please be advised that report and/or collection dates are subject to change.)
(Information is to register with the Court only; the court does not license)
District Court of Maryland Headquarters
Attn: Administrative Services - Bail Bond Division
187 Harry S. Truman Parkway, 5th Floor
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Map to new District Court Headquarters location
*Please note that Bondsperson paperwork will no longer be accepted in person at the 580 Taylor Avenue location*
Bondspersons should be prepared to provide the commissioner or clerk with documentation (identification, proof of property ownership/power of attorney, or any additional documentation requested) at the time bond is posted. Local laws may apply. *See 7th Judicial Circuit
- CC-DC-CR-010 Affidavit of Bail Bondsman
- DC-CR-037 Petition to Strike Bond Forfeiture/Extend Period for Satisfaction/Order
- DC-CR-135 Petition for Remission of Bond Forfeiture
Local laws apply in the 7th Judicial Circuit. To post property in Calvert, Charles, Prince George's and St. Mary's Counties, you must also contact the Bail Bond Commissioner of the 7th Circuit.
Note: The requirement to contact the Bail Bond Commissioner in the 7th Circuit only applies until 06/30/2022 - See Administrative Order - Issued 03/28/2022
Effective July 1, 2022
- All provisions of Local Rules 714 and 714A that apply to bondspersons writing on insurance are rescinded in the Seventh Judicial Circuit.
- All bondspersons writing on insurance in the Seventh Circuit must hold Maryland State licensure and are subject to all state laws and regulations.
- Specific Seventh Judicial Circuit licensure will no longer be required by bondspersons writing on insurance in the Seventh Circuit.
- The Seventh Judicial Circuit will no longer collect the 1 % license fee for bonds written in the Seventh Judicial Circuit.
- All valid licenses issued by the Seventh Judicial Circuit to bondspersons writing on insurance shall expire on June 30, 2022.
Bail Bond Commissioner
Circuit Court for Prince George's County
14735 Main Street
Courthouse, Room M2407
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
- Effective Oct. 1, 2011 - HB 682 of the 2011 Legislative Session
- Please be advised that the DC-CR-135 - Petition for Remission of Bond Forfeiture form has been revised, effective 5/22/13.
- Notice to Sureties - Bond Forfeiture Procedures - Revised 9/3/13
- Notice Regarding Appeals of Bond Forfeitures - Revised 9/3/13
Last updated: March 2022