Effective June 6, 2022, the District Court of Baltimore County will begin accepting failure to pay rent filings electronically. The use of electronic filing (e-filing) technology will provide a fast and convenient method of filing complaint documents for landlords while allowing the courts to operate more efficiently.
Initially, Baltimore County will be the only MDEC county offering failure to pay rent e-filing for landlords. The remainder of MDEC counties will be scheduled to offer the same service after there is an assessment of the Baltimore County pilot project. After the court has had success with the pilot, e-filing will become mandatory in Landlord-Tenant cases in all MDEC jurisdictions.
Landlords should use the following forms to e-file complaints:
- Failure to Pay Rent - Landlord's Complaint for Repossession of Rented Property: DC-CV-082
- Failure to Pay Rent – Mobile Home Park Owner's Complaint for Repossession of Rented Property: DC-CV-082MH
Landlords and management companies who typically file a large number of complaints at one time should consider bulk filing. The following providers are currently certified to provide bulk filing services:
- File & ServeXpress: 888-529-7587 or email@example.com
- Legal Technologies: 240-361-6166 x102 or Support@EvictionAssistant.com
- US Legal Pro: 972-807-0689 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryland’s certified e-filing service providers can be found here. If you are an e-filing service provider and you would like to participate in the Maryland Judiciary’s Electronic Filing Service Provider Program, visit the Judiciary’s Procurement website and review the Electronic Filing Service Provider - Request for Proposal (RFP) K18-0049-29.
Instructions for E-filing Failure to Pay Rent Complaints (PDF) | Video Guide
MD Code, Real Property, Title 8, 8.101 - 8.812
Information for Landlords and Frequently Asked Questions